This position is listed on behalf of the employer. Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers is not a producing farm and is providing this as a referral service for agribusinesses who request assistance in finding suitable workers for current positions.
Role: Farm Hand / Operator
Hours: Full time
Remuneration: Award – Remuneration will be negotiated based on the successful candidate’s experience.
Location: The farm is situated in Elliot, approximately 20min from Bundaberg CBD
About the Role
- General orchard work.
- Tractor operation
- Chemical Application
- Irrigation installation and repairs
- Tree planting
- Basic machine maintenance and repairs
To be a successful applicant, your work history should demonstrate,
- Experience in working in an orchard.
- Experience with operation of farm machinery and maintenance.
- Drivers’ licence – Essential
- Mechanical and welding skills will be advantageous.
- Must be able to work safely, alone and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills with good problem-solving ability and a positive attitude to work. – Essential
- Be physically fit and able to fulfill all requirements of the role.
- Heavy Vehicle Truck License, ChemCert Certificate, current First Aid certificate will be highly regarded.
- Ability to complete accurate records (paper and online).
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
**Applicants seeking casual employment will also be considered during this process.
To apply, please:
Submit your application via email with
1. Cover letter that addresses the key selection criteria
2. Detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
By submitting an application you agree to have your details provided to the employer, applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be shortlisted for employer consideration.