This position is listed on behalf of the employer. Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers is not a producing farm and is providing this as a referral service for agribusinesses who request assistance in finding suitable workers for current positions.
Role: Farm Hand
Renumeration: $60,000 – $80,000pa
Location: The farm is situated in the North Burnett region, approximately 1.5hrs North of Bundaberg and 4 hours North of Brisbane
About the Role
- All aspects of farm production from ground preparation, planting, irrigation, plant nutrition, pest and disease control through to harvesting.
- Be able to use tractors, spray equipment, harvesters, and associated implements.
- Perform general day to day orchard irrigation activities.
- Compliance with all OH&S requirements.
- Assist with the general maintenance of farms, buildings, plant and equipment.
- Assist with the day-to-day farming operations and maintenance.
Candidates should meet the below criteria prior to submitting an application.
- Australian Citizen
- Valid drivers licence and reliable transport – required
- Comfortable working with diverse groups
- Experience operating tractors – required
- Forklift licence – desirable
- Truck licence – desirable
- You will have strong communication skills – required
- Physically fit and prepared to work in a range of weather conditions
- Previous experience working and operating machinery.
- Experience using farming technology including GPS and watering systems an advantage – desirable
- Understanding of drip and pivot irrigation systems
- You will be passionate about farming.
- Chemical User Training – desirable
- Be a self-starter with excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- You will carry out your work as directed in a safe and sensible manner
- A positive, can-do attitude is essential.
- You will be flexible, reliable and available to work hours which may vary to meet operational demands in peak harvest.
- Ability to work within a team, and to work independently without supervision.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Comfortable 3 Bedroom brick home available to rent in nearby town with all necessary amenities including Schools
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, to apply email your resume to: email@example.com to be forwarded for employer consideration.
To apply, please:
Submit your application via email with
1. Cover letter that addresses the key selection criteria
2. Detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
By submitting an application you agree to have your details provided to the employer, applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be shortlisted for employer consideration.