This position is listed on behalf of the employer. Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers is not a producing farm and is providing this as a referral service for agribusinesses who request assistance in finding suitable workers for current positions.
About the business:
Located in the beautiful location of Welcome Creek, Bundaberg QLD. Macadamia Farm Management (MFM) was established in 1987 in response to the increasing demand for specialist, high-quality farm management in the macadamia industry. Our ongoing purpose is to help grow and maintain the sustainability of the Australian Macadamia industry with improved economies of scale.
Our Mission Statement
To innovate using modern technology to ensure sustainable farming, delivering above average returns and rewards for investors and the team.
Our Vision Statement
The Global Leader in sustainable Macadamia Nut Farming.
In a truly influential role, the primary responsibility of the Work Health and Safety Manager position is to provide effective leadership and management of all aspects of Macadamia Farm Management Work Health & Safety and Injury Management, developing a positive and proactive safety culture throughout MFM. This position reports directly to the Directors of MFM working across approx. 50 farm sites from Maryborough, Childers, Gin Gin, Bucca and Bundaberg region.
The Key responsibilities of the Work Health and Safety Manager
- Manage all aspects of MFM Risk Management processes through site audits, specific hazard risk assessments and incident reports
- Follow up on all site incidents providing and executing corrective actions
- Develop, implement and review Work Health and Safety policies, procedures and programs
- Manage all aspects of Injury Management including Workers Compensation claims and return to work programs
- Management of all aspects of contractor safety including online and on site inductions
- Review and implement Safe Work Procedures, SWMS and work permits in line with high risk tasks
- Manage all aspects of Hazardous Substances across multiple farm sites
- Undertake incident investigations providing recommendations in line with corrective actions
- Maintain incident, hazard and risk reporting registers and and databases
- Support the implementation of safety management system and safety initiatives across MFM
- Coordinate all aspects of WHS Training including coordinating, booking and record-keeping of training
- Manage all aspects of record-keeping, data bases, administrative tasks inline with safety functions
You will be passionate about Work Health and Safety, with the ability to create positive working relationships with internal and external customers. You will be self-driven and have the capacity to work autonomously, have high attention to detail, and be a lateral thinker, not afraid of challenging the status quo.
- Minimum of 5 years working in a hands-on WHS and Injury Management leadership position with medium to large-sized organisations
- Demonstrated experience working with, and providing information around WHS legislation, Standards and Codes of Practices.
- Demonstrated practical approach to safety whilst meeting legislative requirements
- Ability to write and present business cases for safety initiatives, recommendations and corrective actions
- Strong Interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and develop positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Tertiary WHS qualifications (completed or partially completed)
- RTW Coordinator accreditation
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including reports, letters, policies and procedures.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity please:
- Submit your application via SEEK
- Attach a cover letter that addresses the ‘Key Selection Criteria’
- Respond to the following questions
Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
How many years of people management experience do you have?
How many years’ experience do you have as a Work Health and Safety Manager?
Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- Attach a detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
Please note: Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be shortlisted.