This position is listed on behalf of the employer. Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers is not a producing farm and is providing this as a referral service for agribusinesses who request assistance in finding suitable workers for current positions.
Role: Casual Forklift Operator
Hours: 25-38hrs pw
Award: $25 – $32 / hour Horticulture Award
About the Business:
The employer is a local family-run business that has become the largest producer of field-grown snacking tomatoes in Australia. We have transformed a small snacking tomato farm into a quality focussed grower with multiple farms and a state-of-the-art packing facility near Bundaberg servicing chain stores, local and interstate markets with premium quality fruit and produce!
We are a large team of passionate people, and we are looking for a value-driven individual to join our team.
The farm is situated in the Bundaberg region, approximately 10km from Bundaberg CBD
About the Role
- Loading and unloading pallets and other items from transport trailers and trucks.
- Transfer raw and packed products as directed by supervisor.
- Prepare products for dispatch.
- Conduct daily safety inspections on Forklifts.
- Adherence to workplace health and safety guidelines.
- Report any incident and hazards identified.
- Be able to assist with other tasks in the packing facility.
- Valid drivers licence and reliable transport – required
- Comfortable working with diverse groups
- Demonstrated forklift experience and forklift licence – required
- Previous experience in the same or similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge of OH&S/WHS – highly regarded
- You will have strong communication skills – required
- Physically fit and prepared to work in a range of weather conditions
- Basic computers skills – highly desirable
- Willing to work flexible hours
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, to apply email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be forwarded for employer consideration.
To apply, please:
Submit your application via email with
1. Cover letter that addresses the key selection criteria
2. Detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
3. Advise of your rights to work in Australia (are you an Australian citizen or VISA holder with working rights?)
By submitting an application you agree to have your details provided to the employer, applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be shortlisted for employer consideration.