This position is listed on behalf of the employer. Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers is not a producing farm and is providing this as a referral service for agribusinesses who request assistance in finding suitable workers for current positions.
Role: State Operations Manager (QLD), Based in Bundaberg
Applications Close: 15th April 2023
Hours: 38hrs pw
- Join a global leading berry brand
- Oversee the regional grower base in Bundaberg
- Competitive Pkg + vehicle + incentives
- Operational role
Location: Bundaberg, Travel may be required
About the Business
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Costa Group – Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce and Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced operations manager to join our QLD team. You will be implementing both strategic and tactical plans extending to the Bundaberg and other QLD production regions in this pivotal role responsible for the coordination and execution of operational activities through the application of national Driscoll’s standards. Some key deliverables of your role will include:
- Production & Profitability: Developing and executing regional seasonal plans including harvest and post-harvest plans extending to fruit and packaging forecasts, as well as coordinating the flow of fruit from farm to customer.
- Operational Management: Ensuring operational plans deliver optimum production yields for the regional grower base as well as operational oversight of internal regional teams including DC teams.
- Plant Supply: Assist in maintaining the grower 5-year plan and executing the plant supply process through coordinated efforts with key internal teams (planning team) extending to plant specifications, submission of long-term plant order and related delivery plans for plant material.
- Compliance & Sustainability: Monitoring compliance across quality, food safety and sustainability plans and providing hands-on support to our regional grower base to ensure audit readiness for certification extending to HARPS, FreshCare, Fair Farms or equivalent.
- People & Leadership: Providing sound leadership and guidance to regional teams including and resolution of day-to-day people issues as they arise.
In addition, the role will require the dissemination of best-practice agronomic advice supported by Driscoll’s national experts, extending to pest & disease management, plant health & nutrition, irrigation management as well as advanced methods of fruit production practices including substrate systems.
We are ideally seeking applicants who have a strong operational background within the agricultural sector. Technical agronomic skills is not required. Some key criteria include:
- Strong exp. within soft fruit sector is preferred
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal relationship building skills
- Previous experience in leading small teams
- No restricted working rights and drivers licence
To apply, please:
Submit your application via email with
1. Cover letter that addresses the key selection criteria
2. Detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be shortlisted for employer consideration.