This position is listed on behalf of the employer. Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers is not a producing farm and is providing this as a referral service for agribusinesses who request assistance in finding suitable workers for current positions.
Role: Business Development/Customer Support Specialist – AgTech
Applications Close: 7th April 2023
Hours: 38hrs pw
A full time position may be offered to the right person
Award: Horticulture Award, Adult casual rate negotiable with employer
Location: Bundaberg, Travel required
About the Business
Green Brain empowers growers to make sustainable irrigation decisions to bring high-quality food to harvest. We achieve this by delivering cutting-edge technology required to closely track water use, with a wholesome commitment to customer support so that Green Brain growers are able to produce ‘more crop per drop’.
If you’re obsessed with any combination of weather, irrigation, IoT, big data, machine learning, agronomy, horticulture, plant health, soil science, customer service in agriculture, sustainability or regenerative agriculture, we’d love to hear from you.
Find out more about the company HERE
About the Role
After initial training, the successful candidate would be given three key responsibilities:
- Customer Service and Sales: Providing new and existing customers with guidance on how Green Brain could be suitable for irrigation scheduling and associated on-farm processes.
- Business Development: Provide support and training as required for our existing distribution partners, while also identifying and developing new distribution channels for our core product offering.
- Market Liaison: Translate grower and distribution channel requirements into structured feedback to the product development teams to support continuous product improvements.
Candidate selection – Essential
- Strong sales and customer service experience, preferably in a technical or scientific field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Proven ability to generate leads, close sales, and manage customer relationships effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve business objectives.
- Experience with CRM and other sales tools to track leads, deals, and customer interactions.
- Understanding of business development strategies, tactics, and metrics to drive growth and revenue.
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends, and provide insights to support customer needs.
- Capable of working independently, solving problems on the go and managing priorities
- A valid driver’s license and be willing to travel
Candidate selection – Desirable
- Knowledge of irrigation systems, soil moisture monitoring, weather stations, and related technologies.
- Education or experience in a relevant field such as agriculture, environmental science, or engineering.
- Experience in SaaS or cloud-based software sales, deployment, and support.
- Familiarity with precision agriculture and related technologies, such as remote sensing, data analytics and sensors.
- Passion for sustainability, agriculture, and innovation, and ability to align with the company’s mission and vision.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills to resolve customer issues and escalate when necessary.
- Creativity and proactivity to identify new market opportunities, value propositions, and customer segments.
Applications will be reviewed as they are accepted. Interviews may be hosted earlier than advertised close date.
To apply, please:
Submit your application via email with
1. Cover letter that addresses the key selection criteria
2. Detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be shortlisted for employer consideration.