Energy Efficiency Grants for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises – closes 5:00pm AEST 19 April 2023
The Energy Efficiency Grants for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Round 1 will support businesses to upgrade or replace inefficient equipment to improve their energy efficiency. These upgrades will enable industries to reduce their energy use and manage energy cost volatility in the long term. This will contribute to Australia’s target of a 43% reduction on 2005 emission levels by 2030.
The objectives of the program are to:
- improve energy efficiency practices and increase the uptake of energy efficient technologies
- assist small and medium businesses to manage their energy usage and costs
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- increased awareness of energy efficiency opportunities and help businesses to save energy
- reduced power bills for small and medium businesses
- emissions abatement to contribute to Australia reducing its emissions to 43% below 2005 levels by 2030.
- Key Points
- Grant amount: Min $10,000 – Max $25,000
- In addition to holding an ABN you must also be an entity incorporated in Au or a partnership or a sole trader
- With between 1-199 employees averaged over any 12mth period since 2019
- Permission from land owner to conduct proposed project if you do not own it
- Grant can be used for projects such as
- Variable Speed Drive Pumps
- Energy audits,
- Purchase or hire of energy measuring and monitoring equipment,
- Replacement of equipment where energy efficiency is higher, etc
- Grant can not be used for activities such as
- Purchase of solar panel, inverter or battery components for solar powered pumping systems
- Purchase of solar panels or biomass generation systems
Regional Grower Services is available to assist regional growers with grant writing and project management. Contact our team to discuss