This position is listed on behalf of the employer. Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers is not a producing farm and is providing this as a referral service for agribusinesses who request assistance in finding suitable workers for current positions.
Role: Experienced Farm Manager
Applications open – until filled
Hours: 38 hrs pw + reasonable overtime
Award: Horticulture Award, 75,000pa + super + allowances
About the Role and Person
The farm manager will provide hands-on support to ensure successful crop production and harvest activities are achieved. You will be a motivated and progressive leader who is passionate about supporting their team, their environment and career. You will be adaptable to and an implementer of change, you will recognise opportunities for improvement and will communicate these with the companies owners. You will take pride in your work and be an advocate to building the business as a local employer of choice.
Coordinate and execute all aspects of crop management and ensure efficient operation of the farm.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to;
- Crop development
- Chemical and nutrition programs
- Irrigation scheduling and maintenance
- Maintain and build relationships
- Scheduling of rosters
- Liaison with packing shed during harvest
- Operate farm equipment
- Maintain, monitor and implement food safety program requirements
- A minimum 3years experience in a Management role, with high regard to experience in the Citrus industry
- Valid drivers licence and reliable transport – essential
- Hold a valid High Risk Work Licence, with a minimum of 12mths forklift experience – essential
- Hold a current Chemical User certificate – essential
- Proven experience in leading teams of x – x employees
- Previous experience with applying Work Health and Safety requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety systems
- High level communication skills
- Ability to work in a faced paced environment
- Physically fit and prepared to work in a range of weather conditions
- A team player and has experience working in diverse workplaces
To apply, please:
Submit your application via email with
1. Cover letter that addresses the key selection criteria
2. Detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be shortlisted for employer consideration.