This position is listed on behalf of the employer. Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers is not a producing farm and is providing this as a referral service for agribusinesses who request assistance in finding suitable workers for current positions.
Role: Farm/Shed Hand
Hours: Ongoing hours
Location: The farm is situated in The Hummock, approximately 12min from Bundaberg CBD
About the Employer
We recognize that our operation relies on many skilled and talented individuals doing many things right to successfully grow, harvest, sell and distribute our crops throughout Australia.
We work on the farm, in the field, and in the packing shed. We strive to be good stewards of the land, good community members and good industry partners.
We work hard to ensure that wach person is part of our team, and is offered an opportunity to grow personally, and a culture that includes being a part of our family values.
About the Role
- Tractor haul out operation during harvesting.
- Infield harvest preparation.
- Forklift operation.
- Machine operation and maintenance of packing and harvesting machinery and facilities.
- Monitor packing lines and consignments.
- Ability to take direction from our management team.
- Ability to comply with Health and Safety, and Quality Assurance Codes.
To be a successful applicant, it is imperative to demonstrate experience operating Forklifts in a similar environment and/or warehouse.
- Australian Citizen
- Valid drivers licence and reliable transport – required
- Comfortable working with diverse groups
- Forklift licence – required
- You will have strong communication skills – required
- You will have a high level of attention to detail
- You will be flexible, reliable and available to work hours which may vary to meet operational demands.
- Ability to work within a team, and to work independently without supervision.
- Previous experience with sweet potato, macadamia or other row/speciality crops – desirable
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, please:
Submit your application via email with
1. Cover letter that addresses the key selection criteria
2. Detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
By submitting an application you agree to have your details provided to the employer, applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be shortlisted for employer consideration.