This position is listed on behalf of the employer. Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers is not a producing farm and is providing this as a referral service for agribusinesses who request assistance in finding suitable workers for current positions.
About the Business:
Macadamia Farm Management is an expanding management business built on a reputation of growing high-quality macadamia nut for investors. The key to this growth has been investing in sustainable farming practices, agronomics and the latest technology to produce high yielding orchards for now and into the future.
Our Mission Statement
To innovate using modern technology to ensure sustainable farming, delivering above average returns and rewards for investors and the team.
Our Vision Statement
The Global Leader in sustainable Macadamia Nut Farming.
Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Continuous Improvement We support the local community through various opportunities.
What we provide
- We provide learning and development opportunities for our employees.
- We provide support to our employees in need through our Employee Assistance Program.
- We provide reward and recognition for our employees who go above and beyond.
- We appreciate that we aren’t perfect and are constantly looking at different ways of building a culture and workplace employees feel engaged and happy.
About the role
This role offers a diverse range of operator tasks from harvesting, mowing, slashing, mulching and spraying.
Positions are available on our farms in Childers, Gin Gin, Bucca and Welcome Creek
About the person
The successful candidate will have the flexibility to work a variety of shifts including days, nights and weekends, work independently or as a part of a team displaying a “can do, will do” attitude.
This role will require an experienced machinery operator familiar with GPS systems, calibration methods, general repairs and maintenance of farm machinery and equipment.
Key selection Criteria
- Operator experience is essential
- Previous experience working with chemical applications, schedules and record keeping
- Previous experience working with GPS and Apps
- Must have the ability to work around the Bundaberg and surrounding areas
- The ability to complete physically demanding tasks in a safe manner
- Ability to attach and use all tractor implements
- Current Drivers Licence
- Ability to work in a safe manner and follow WHS requirements
- Chemical handling Certificate
- Current Forklift Licence (current)
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity please:
- Submit your application via email below
- Attach a cover letter that addresses the ‘Key Selection Criteria’
- Attach a detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
Please note: Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be shortlisted.