Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers Cooperative Ltd (BFVG) is a non-trading, not-for-profit, grower-based cooperative comprising a membership base of Horticulture growers and Industry service businesses in the Bundaberg and Wide Bay Burnett region. Our vision is ‘Representing the interests of the Horticulture Industry in our region on issues that are critical to its sustainability’. To view BFVG’s mission, values, projects and Directors visit our website.
To join a passionate team of project officers working to deliver services to agribusiness in the Wide Bay Burnett and be provided the opportunity for professional development to hone your skills as an extension officer to connect producers with research and development that increase their productivity and profitability.
This role is stakeholder focused and works to deliver industry development and extension outcomes for the National Vegetable Extension Network (VegNET) across the Wide Bay Burnett Region of Queensland. You will report to the BFVG Managing Director and form part of a small but passionate project team working to deliver services to the horticulture industry in the Wide Bay. The role will liaise closely with the funding body who are the National Program Managers and other VegNET RDO’s across Australia that make up the extensive Vegetable Network.
Your duties will include:
- Engaging directly with vegetable growers and other stakeholders to deliver the program strategy, and be the conduit of information in the priority areas chosen within the regional action plan
- Collaborate with industry experts on identified needs to solve grower challenges in the selected priority areas including waste management, agtech, biosecurity and input management
- Develop and maintain regional networks with fellow program RDO’s and liaise closely with the funding body delivering on all agreed actions and program outputs
- Identify, coordinate, and deliver extension activities that meet the needs of regional producers including but not limited to: workshops, training sessions and networking activities
- Deliver clear, competent, and concise reporting on a regular basis to both the Managing Director and the funding body in the required formats
- Undertake regular monitoring and evaluation of the program including grower perception, awareness, and changes in behaviour
- Contribute to the BFVG operational team undertaking additional tasks where required.
- Be proactive in seeking additional funding to further support and develop the outputs of this program
How you will be assessed
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has the following key capabilities:
Supports strategic direction
Proven ability to use data to reflect, learn and adapt project strategies to meet stakeholder and partner needs and achieve project objectives.
Demonstrated skills in program facilitation, including ability to implement strategies to work with complex cohorts and challenging environment.
Supports productive working relationships
Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication, consultation, negotiation, and team skills.
Displays personal drive and integrity
Demonstrated experience and ability to work independently, setting realistic goals, establishing work priorities and meeting deadlines.
Communicates with influence
Demonstrated effective collaboration, communication, interpersonal and stakeholder skills and relationship management skills in complex environments.
- Experienced in stakeholder engagement
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- prioritises commercial in-confidence
- Qualifications in horticulture or agricultural science advantageous
- Regional knowledge advantageous
- Current drivers’ licence
- This is a fixed-term contract. There is an option for further extension to the program but no guarantee
- The position is to be based at the BFVG Office in Bundaberg with potential hot desking at the AgTech Hub at Bargara, QLD
- A criminal history check may be initiated on the successful applicant.
- A serious discipline history check may be initiated on the successful applicant.
- This position is subject to a 12 week period of probation
- The successful applicant will have access to a BFVG vehicle for work related travel
- Staff are required to actively participate in consultation and communication with management regarding health, safety and wellbeing issues and comply with all provisions of the relevant workplace health and safety legislation and related health, safety and wellbeing responsibilities and procedures developed by the department.
- You will work for an organisation that values its people and promotes leadership and innovation. We respect professionalism, embrace diversity and encourage a balance between work and life commitments
- This position is classified as Award Free and terms and conditions underpinning the employment are set by the Fair Work Act 2009
Contract length: Full time, fixed term contract to 30th March 2024 with possible extension to 30th September 2026.
Part-time hours: 38 per week
Located: Wide Bay-Burnett QLD
Salary: $60,001 to $80,000 pa
Application Deadline: 5pm 08/10/2021
Expected Start Date: For immediate start, negotiable.