Trainee Operator Maintainer
Operations Coordinator Storages
|ABOUT THE ROLE (Purpose statement)|
In this entry level position, the Trainee Operator Maintainer will develop their skills and grow within the business learning all aspects relating to water supply infrastructure activities as required.
You will receive a combination of training, both accredited and on the job, some of which will relate to but is not limited to the daily operation and maintenance of bulk water storages, industrial pipelines and irrigation schemes.
It is intended, that after a period of 6 months, that the successful applicants will commence a Certificate II in Water Operations and upon successful completion will continue their development and commence a Cert III in Water Operations (offering the option to specialise eg: Water Treatment).
Initially, these roles will be based in Goondiwindi (1) and Bundaberg (1) with the intention to rotate the role around Sunwater’s assets in the South and Burnett Lower-Mary regions of Queensland on a 12-monthly basis.
These positions may require the successful candidate to travel and stay away from home base overnight and for short periods of time
- Under the direct supervision of your Line Leader:
- Undertake operations, preventive, corrective maintenance work to the required standard and within the required timeframes
- Assist in fault analysis and implementing solutions to operational and maintenance issues
- Maintain surveillance of water supply infrastructure and provide feedback on asset condition and performance
- Complete all administrative tasks associated with the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in compliance with Environmental and WH&S requirements and relevant Sunwater policies, standards and business rules
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with water supply customers, internal and external clients, and fellow workers
- Secure vehicles, tools and equipment including PPE and ensure that they are maintained in good repair
- Positively promote and actively role model the Sunwater values and behaviours to support the delivery of our services
|TECHNICAL SKILLS||EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS|
Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) – with achievement in General English and Mathematics
Our values describe our day to day behaviours, setting the standard for how we treat each other and every person we interact with.
The Successful Applicant may be eligible for State and Federal relocation assistance. Check your eligibility HERE: Back to work in Agriculture incentive scheme | Relocation Assistance to take up a job
Applications close Friday 15th October 2021
- Please submit cover letter stating which role or roles you’re interested in
- Resume with details of contactable references