- Are you happy to get your hands dirty and your feet wet?
- Are you a little bit tech savvy with a problem solving mind?
- Are you looking for a stable position with a progressive and growing organisation?
- Are you happy to travel to the beautiful Winfield location?
- Do have a Can Do Will Do attitude and mind set?
- If you have answered YES to the above then please apply, you are what we are looking for.
About the Opportunity:
MFM is an expanding management business built on a reputation of growing high-quality macadamia nut for investors. The key to this growth has been investing in sustainable farming practices, agronomics and the latest technology to produce high yielding orchards for now and into the future.
About the role and person:
Winfield located near the beautiful township of Baffle Creek (approx 57 km from Bundaberg) is looking for an experienced Irrigation Assistant to join their team.
Reporting to the Irrigation Supervisor you will be responsible for all hands on irrigation related duties. Your focus will be to work with the irrigation team to monitor, record and accurately supply water to maximise production across the orchards at Winfield.
The key responsibilities for this position are;
- Assist with the programming of automated irrigation controllers
- Using soil moisture probes, manual checking and other tools to monitor and apply irrigation water
- Assist with the application of fertilizer through fertigation systems
- Follow irrigation schedules, recording all irrigation inputs
- Irrigation labour tasks such as repairing valves, sprinklers, digging trenches, replacing poly pipe
Key Selection Criteria for this position:
- Previous experience in farming irrigation
- Demonstrated experience with irrigation controllers (manual and automated)
- Ability to work with APP based software, write reports, read and execute watering schedules
- Physically fit to undertake labour tasks
- Computer literacy is essential
- Ability to read and execute irrigation and fertigation schedules
- Ability to complete written reports/documents relating to Irrigation
- Current QLD Drivers Licence and reliable transport
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity please:
- Attach a cover letter that addresses the ‘Key Selection Criteria’
- Attach a detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
- Submit your application by clicking the Apply for this Job button below
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be shortlisted.
Our recruitment process will require shortlisted candidates undertaking pre-employment screening and testing specific to the key selection criteria. Any objections to this must be disclosed at the short listing phase.