Short term contract position to 30 June 2022. Part time of 22.8hrs per week (3 days per week).
This position may be based at the BFVG Office in Bundaberg or remotely from the Sunshine / Moreton Region.
Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers Cooperative Ltd (BFVG) is a non-trading, not-for-profit, grower-based cooperative comprising a membership base of Horticulture growers and Industry service businesses in the Bundaberg and Wide Bay Burnett region. Our vision is ‘Representing the interests of the Horticulture Industry in our region on issues that are critical to its sustainability’. To view BFVG’s mission, values, projects and Directors visit our website.
The Jobseeker Engagement project is an exciting new opportunity supported by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment to facilitate employment and employer education initiatives in the Bundaberg and Sunshine/Moreton regions that aims to increase Agricultural employment opportunities for local jobseekers.
The Engagement Officer will assist in the delivery of a program that:
- co-promotes employment opportunities to horticultural employers
- engages with horticultural businesses to determine appropriate employment activities that build the local workforce pool
- works closely with employment service providers and RTO’s
- promotes work opportunities and career pathways in horticulture
As the BFVG Project Officer you will have responsibility for the following:
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders and partners, to develop strategic working relationships and achieve outcomes aligned with program objectives,
- Coordinate and facilitate stakeholder activities as identified by the program objectives,
- Contribute to program communications and scheduled reporting requirements
- Actively participate in a team environment and contribute to a positive culture by proactively sharing knowledge with team members and partners through formal and informal channels.