About the Opportunity:
Bundaberg is a city in south-east Queensland, Australia, about 385 kilometres (4 hour drive) north of Brisbane. Bundaberg is the business centre for a major sugar cane growing area, and is well known for its namesake export, Bundaberg Rum. The city is an important tourism gateway for inland national parks and the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef and resort islands.
Located in the beautiful location of Welcome Creek, Bundaberg QLD 4670. Macadamia Farm Management (MFM) was established in 1987 in response to an increasing demand for specialist, high quality farm management in the macadamia industry. Our ongoing purpose is to help grow and maintain sustainability of the Australian Macadamia industry with improved economies of scale.
About the role and person:
We are looking for a highly experienced Farm Manager to oversee the daily operations of one of Macadamia Farm Management largest orchards of producing and non-producing macadamia trees. The purpose of this role is to provide overall hands on management and support to the Operations Manager and your team members, ensuring all aspects of your orchard operations are executed timely and to the highest of standards.
The key responsibilities for this position are;
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of operational work plans inline with specific timeframes, including land maintenance, and development, chemical and nutrition programs, irrigation and harvesting.
- Continually monitor and evaluate the efficiency of all orchard operations, equipment and work practices providing ongoing suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to your team members.
- Leading by example, ensure all Macadamia Farm Management environmental and WHS requirements are followed.
- Manage all operational activities and staff in the farming department
To be successful in this role, you must be dynamic in nature, adaptable to change in a fast paced and every changing environment, be an instinctive and progressive leader who is passionate about their orchard, team and career. As a critical thinker you will be providing recommendations for continuous improvement.
Key Selection Criteria for this position:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing all aspects of macadamia, including harvesting, irrigation, nutritional, chemical and machinery programs.
- Demonstrated experience leading medium size teams driving productivity, team engagement and retention.
- Demonstrated experience developing operational plans to maximise growth and production.
- Previous experience working with and applying Work Health and Safety systems, policies and procedures.
- High level of attention to detail.
- High level communication skills both written and verbal.
- Intermediate computer skills including farm specific software programs and apps.
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity please:
- Attach a cover letter that addresses the ‘Key Selection Criteria’
- Attach a detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
- Submit your application by clicking the Apply for this Job button below
Please note: Applications that do not address the key selection criteria will not be shortlisted. As a part of the engagement process candidates may be required to undertake pre employment drug screening.