About the Opportunity:
Bundaberg is a city in south-east Queensland, Australia, about 385 kilometres (4 hour drive) north of Brisbane. Bundaberg is the business centre for a major sugar cane growing area, and is well known for its namesake export, Bundaberg Rum. The city is an important tourism gateway for inland national parks and the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef and resort islands.
Macadamia Farm Management (MFM) was established in 1987 in response to an increasing demand for specialist, high quality farm management in the macadamia industry. Our ongoing purpose is to help grow and maintain sustainability of the Australian Macadamia industry with improved economies of scale.
About the role and person:
The purpose of the position is to provide overall hands-on management and support to the Bundaberg Farming Operations Manager in all areas of farm management.
The key to success in this position is, you must be dynamic in nature, adaptable to change in a fast paced and every changing environment, be an instinctive and progressive leader who is passionate about their orchard, team and career. As a critical thinker you will be providing recommendations for continuous improvement.
The key responsibilities for this position are;
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of operational work plans in line with specific timeframes, including land maintenance, and development, chemical and nutrition programs, irrigation and harvesting.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency of all orchard operations, equipment and work practices providing ongoing suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to your team members.
- Leading by example, ensure all Macadamia Farm Management environmental and WHS requirements are followed.
Key Selection Criteria for this position:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience across all facets of farm management, including harvesting, irrigation, nutrition, chemical applications and machinery.
- Demonstrated experience leading medium size teams driving productivity, team engagement and retention.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing chemical programs inline with hectares, seasons and orchard requirements.
- Demonstrated experience operating machinery and equipment with the capability to perform repairs and maintenance.
- Previous experience working with and applying Work Health and Safety systems, policies and procedures.
- High level of attention to detail.
- High level communication skills both written and verbal.
- Intermediate computer skills including farm specific software programs and apps.
- Ability to demonstrate a Can do, Will do attitude towards tasks, people and MFM
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity please:
- Attach a cover letter that addresses the ‘Key Selection Criteria’
- Attach a detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
- Submit your application by clicking the Apply for this Job button below
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be shortlisted.
Our recruitment process will require shortlisted candidates undertaking pre-employment screening and testing specific to the key selection criteria. Any objections to this must be disclosed at the short listing phase.