About the Opportunity:
Bundaberg is a city in south-east Queensland, Australia, about 385 kilometres (4 hour drive) north of Brisbane. Bundaberg is the business centre for a major sugar cane growing area, and is well known for its namesake export, Bundaberg Rum. The city is an important tourism gateway for inland national parks and the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef and resort islands.
Located in the beautiful location of Welcome Creek, Bundaberg QLD 4670. Macadamia Farm Management (MFM) was established in 1987 in response to an increasing demand for specialist, high quality farm management in the macadamia industry. Our ongoing purpose is to help grow and maintain sustainability of the Australian Macadamia industry with improved economies of scale.
About the role:
As a vital member of the growing finance team in an growing organisation, the Payroll Officer will be responsible for managing the end to end payroll for approximately 170 employees.
MFM see this role as a great opportunity providing the successful candidate with growth and development options, as such, will suit someone with a passion and aptitude for payroll and finance looking to further their career.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Processing all aspects of payroll both weekly and fortnightly inline with MFM payroll processing procedures, legislation and timeframes.
- Collecting, calculating and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information.
- Managing our purpose built time and attendance software.
- Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, and non-taxable wages and reporting on this.
- Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee income, deductions, termination payments and workers compensation payments.
- Handling all payroll queries.
- Developing Payroll procedures and workflows to enhance efficiencies.
- Processing labour on-charge invoices as required.
- Providing financial and operational reporting as needed.
- Providing financial support to the finance and administration team.
About the persom:
The Payroll Officer will need to possess a high level of personal integrity, confidentiality and discretion, have a willingness to work both independently and collaboratively and constructively as a valued member of the team, and the ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated.
You will have the ability to adapt and work under pressure and always displays a positive “can do, will do” attitude. You will also have a high attention to detail and accuracy rate when completing payroll and financial tasks, be a critical thinker and an aptitude for finance.
Key Selection Criteria for this position:
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated end to end payroll experience working in a medium to large organisation.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, in particular Excel, MS Word and Outlook.
- High level communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly organised with exceptional time management skills
- Effective application of rational and focused problem solving enabling quick and accurate resolution of problems.
- Certificate IV in Accounting, Diploma of Accounting or an equivalent qualification is desirable.
- Experience in using payroll and financial management software systems and reporting tools (preferably, MYOB, XERO, BUSINESS CENTRAL, PAY FOCUS)
How to Apply:
To apply for this exciting opportunity please:
- Attach a cover letter that addresses the ‘Key Selection Criteria’
- Attach a detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
- Submit your application using the Apply for this Job button below
Please note: Applications that do not address the key selection criteria will not be shortlisted. As a part of the engagement process candidates may be required to undertake pre employment drug screening.