Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers Cooperative Ltd (BFVG) is a non-trading, not-for-profit, grower-based cooperative comprising a membership base of Horticulture growers and Industry service businesses in the Bundaberg and Wide Bay Burnett region. Our vision is ‘Representing the interests of the Horticulture Industry in our region on issues that are critical to its sustainability’. To view BFVG’s mission, values, projects and Directors visit our website.
This position may be either based at the BFVG Office in Bundaberg or via telecommuting preferably from the Gympie or Sunshine Moreton Regions and is an exciting new opportunity supported by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment to facilitate employment and employer education initiatives in the Bundaberg and Sunshine/Moreton regions that aims to increase Agricultural employment opportunities for local jobseekers.
The Engagement Officer will assist in the delivery of a program that:
- co-promotes employment opportunities to horticultural employers
- engages with horticultural businesses to determine appropriate employment activities that build the local workforce pool
- works closely with employment service providers and RTO’s
- promotes work opportunities and career pathways in horticulture
As the BFVG Project Officer you will have responsibility for the following:
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders and partners, to develop strategic working relationships and achieve outcomes aligned with program objectives,
- Coordinate and facilitate stakeholder activities as identified by the program objectives,
- Contribute to program communications and scheduled reporting requirements
- Actively participate in a team environment and contribute to a positive culture by proactively sharing knowledge with team members and partners through formal and informal channels.
How you will be assessed
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has the following key capabilities:
Supports strategic direction
Proven ability to use data to reflect, learn and adapt project strategies to meet stakeholder and partner needs and achieve project objectives.
Demonstrated skills in program facilitation, including ability to implement strategies to work with complex cohorts and challenging environment.
Supports productive working relationships
Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication, consultation, negotiation, and team skills.
Displays personal drive and integrity
Demonstrated experience and ability to work independently, setting realistic goals, establishing work priorities and meeting deadlines.
Communicates with influence
Demonstrated effective collaboration, communication, interpersonal and stakeholder skills and relationship management skills in complex environments.
Desirable skill set
- Knowledge and understanding of employment opportunities in the Agriculture Industry and experience working with farmers
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexities of working with under employed and/or unemployed (inc. long term unemployed) jobseekers
- Knowledge and understanding of Training packages
- Current drivers’ licence
- Current Working with Children BlueCard
- This is a fixed-term contract. There is no guarantee of an extended contract beyond the end date.
- This position is part time at 22.8 hours per week
- A criminal and serious discipline history check and may be initiated on the successful applicant.
- This position is subject to an eight-week period of probation
- The successful applicant will be required to provide their own vehicle for travel and will be reimbursed appropriately for kilometres traveled
- Staff are required to actively participate in consultation and communication with management regarding health, safety and well being issues and comply with all provisions of the relevant workplace health and safety legislation and related health, safety and well being responsibilities and procedures developed by the department.
- You will work for an organisation that values its people and promotes leadership and innovation. We respect professionalism, embrace diversity and encourage a balance between work and life commitments.
- This position is classified as Award Free and terms and conditions underpinning the employment are set by the Fair Work Act 2009
Contract length: 15 months
Part-time hours: 22.8 per week
Located: Wide Bay-Burnett QLD
Salary: $34.41 to $36.44 /hour
Application Deadline: 12/03/2021
Expected Start Date: 29/03/2021